Llajtaymanta

Monday, August 24, 2009

AT BLOGHER CONFERENCE IN CHICAGO








It is a month since I had the possibility to participate at BlogHer 2009 Conference that took place last July 24, 25 in Chicago and although it is a bit late I would like to share some thoughts about this event.
My participation was possible thanks to the decision of the BlogHer Staff to select bloggers from other countries and continents through a scholarship. Annie Zaidi from India, Toyin Ajao from Nigeria and Pilirani Semu Banda from Malawi and me, Cristina Quisbert from Bolivia could share our experiences as bloggers in our countries.
I have to say that for me, it was a complete surprise to see such a huge group of bloggers in the same place
.
On July 23, a group of speakers had a meeting. There, I met Annie and Pilirani but also other speakers who were part of other sessions. This was a small group and perhaps due to that there was the possibility to briefly know about their backgrounds.
On July 24, it started the official sessions. It was a great surprise for me to see for the first time to the founders of BlogHer, Elisa Camahort Page, Jory Des Jardins and Lisa Stone. It was very nice to see that a project they started some years ago had grown up a lot. According to what I heard, about 1500 bloggers were attending the Conference this year.
One of the activities I enjoyed a lot was de Speed Dating BlogHer Style. During this activity I spoke with a lot of people and I received a lot of cards.
There were a variety of activites during the Conference but I liked to go to Geek Lab. I specially remember to Gena Haskett in her videoblogging session and Virginia Debolt in the Css Style sheet topic.
When I departed from Bolivia, I said, "I know nobody in Chicago, and nobody knows me", but during the Conference I saw Liz Henry. I met her last year in other country and I felt really happy to see her again.
It was my first time to attend BlogHer Conference. To be there, meant to enrich my life and my knowledge. I want to end this post by saying Thank you very much, to Elisa, Jory, Lisa, Jes Ferris, Liz and all the Staff of BlogHer.

5 comments:

David Sasaki said...

Great pictures Cristina. I'm glad to hear that you had a good time. Did you eat any pizza in Chicago? Everyone says that it is the best.

Cristina said...

David,

I have more pictures, I think I will make a slide with them. I could´t try pizza unfortunately but I had a delicious bread, a bagel.

chirky said...

I was just looking at pictures on my phone today, and I had one of you guys during your panel. I uploaded it to flickr for you: http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2579/3859206899_e582ca3987_o.gif

Cristina said...

Jes,

Thank you, I saw it a minute ago.

Cristina

Anonymous said...

Cristina, I'm glad you were able to attend BlogHer and that you had a good experience there. And I'm especially glad you enjoyed the CSS session!
Virginia

Following the steps of my ancestors

To the Amazon